- I haven’t posted a lot this week ‘cause I’ve been in a particularly bad mood. Contributing factors listed below.
- My hip has gotten so bad I feel like I can’t function. This also effects my knees and even my big toe, as I’m walking weird.
- My neck has been stiff for about five days.
- No one has gone through with plans they made with me all week. Not even my husband.
- Peach was trying to get a ball Kiwi had and bit Kiwi’s lip real bad and wouldn’t let go. Kiwi now has a big scab on her lip. Whenever the dogs are hurt I feel like a bad mom. I can’t imagine how it must be to have human kids.
We went to bed without dinner tonight.
I can’t sleep.
Naturally, I have spent the last three hours browsing the food tag.
- I bought my Disneyland ticket today. 3 day park hopper. Be jealous.
- Got about 2 hours of sleep last night. I have been dosing in my chair.
- Jerome came home before 5!!! First time in FOREVER!
- It’s hot enough that the dogs are seeking out non carpeted areas to lay on.
Well, I pretty much quit smoking on the spot. I smoked when my sister came to visit, but only one pack and I haven’t even had the urge since,
But the big one was the water thing.
After I made that resolution, I got really sick and needed to drink juice and 7Up and things like that.
Then Jerome was gone and I did poorly. I wasn’t eating so I continued drinking juice just to try to get something with nutrients in me.
Discouraged, I struggled for a while after that. I went on kind of a Dr. Pepper binge that ended in me attempting to quit caffeine for good.
I was still buying soda. I don’t want to buy soda. We already tried to quit buying soda by getting a SodaStream…which works and tastes good and all that, but we’re lazy and couldn’t be bothered.
So finally, I got fed up and I remembered my resolution.
I’ve been ironing out the ‘rules’ (for lack of a better word) for the past week or so. I can have something else if we’re going to a coffee house or something where the point is having a treat type thing. So when I go to Disneyland, I can still get my Fantasy Freeze and not feel guilty, but if I’m getting a drink to go with my meal, it should be water.
The other exceptions would be when I’m sick or not eating and need other fluids.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve completely stopped drinking anything but water at home. When I go out I tend to order a Sprite out of habit, though. For the past two times out, I remembered to just get water! It’s getting engrained in my head!
It’s one step I can take to be healthier right now. My hip is still really bad, so most exercise is out til after I get back from California. I already made an appointment with my doctor for the Monday after I come back.
Anyway…I’m sorta excited about it. Go me!
Turns out they were folded neatly in my drawer like they were supposed to be. I must have missed them the first time.
So I took the suitcase into a local Target store along with my packing slip to return it. The guy says this shouldn’t be a problem and scans the item and the receipt.
Transaction not found.
He tried a couple more times in case the computer was being weird. Nothing. So he called Target.com. After explaining what happened with my order and what was happening with the register several times, they gave him some special instructions on how to do the return.
He was only allowed to give me store credit, though. I wasn’t happy with that, but he had been so nice and I hate making a scene and calling for the manager and stuff.
Anyway. I doubt any of you were actually following the story, but it deserved an ending.
Now I have $39.99 to spend at Target…where I don’t normally shop anymore…and hell if I’ll ever make another online order with them.
Kiwi and Olive’s Derptacular Water Show!
What better way to spend a Saturday morning than by playing with the hose?