1) I woke up dehydrated. Weird because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have been drinking enough water lately. We didn’t eat anything especially salty. Humidity is high enough. Aliens must have come while I was sleeping and sucked all the moisture out. Even my eyes were dry! I don’t understand!
2) My body and winter no longer get along. I knew barometric pressure could effect arthritis, but this is the first year it!s totally taken me out of commission. The first day I was in so much pain I didn’t even knit. No, there was no pain in my hands, my hips (and knees!) were just that bad.
3) I am likely going to finish making homeless hats today. I will probably make one more post with a final total, then stop talking constantly about hats. I am moving on to other projects.
4) I woke up two hours before the alarm because Jerome farted loud enough that I thought he was talking to me. (He woke up too, but was able to go back to sleep.)
5) Took a nap and all headache/migraine and dehydration symptoms seem to be gone. Interesting.
Yesterday, I mentioned we had to go to the post office. Well, we went and the line was nearly out the door and Jerome had to go to work…so we left without mailing the packages. One of them absolutely had to be mailed yesterday, so I popped online and bought shipping there and printed labels and sent the boxes with Jerome to drop in the box on his way to work. (Jerome then left them on the counter. >.< They were dropped off this morning fo’ realz.)
I didn’t realize I’d done this, but I checked somewhere that I wanted email tracking updates. NEVER AGAIN! They’ve emailed me three times in the last hour!
Hey, we got your box!
Hey, we’re processing your box!
Hey, we’re sending your box to the next place!
I am half expecting another email soon. ”Hey, the driver of the truck your box is on stopped to use the restroom!”
Donotlike. Will stick to the app on my phone in the future.
My BFF watches this kid several days a week. Last week before my friend left for the holiday, she asked the kid if she would like anything from the trip and the kid said something about a bunny and a pumpkin (I can’t find the direct quote) so when she relayed this odd request on to me when telling about her day, I told her I could draw that! And I did…
Here’s the pencil draft…yeah, I just draw direct from brain to paper…no shapes or anything. When I try shapes, it makes me confused.
Got feedback…then corrected a little with the Sharpie…
Then my aversion to image editing software showed a little. Instead of scanning it in dirty and cleaning it up with Pixelmator, I traced it with a lightbox.
One quick scan and resize later:
BUNNY AND A PUMPKIN, EVERYONE! I hope the kid enjoys coloring it.
…I actually kind of want to color it now. I probably won’t though…because hats.
While I was getting out of the shower a little while ago, I heard Jerome making something hot with the electric kettle. I called to him to dig in the pantry and make me some hot chocolate and to put in two packets because my cup is big.
(We have Swiss Miss no sugar added hot chocolate. It’s made with water and stays too hot for an ungodly amount of time. I figured by the time I was done getting dressed and stuff it might be drinkable.)
So he made my hot chocolate and left it on the counter for me.
I came out after a little while and grabbed the mug and settled into my office. Indeed, I had waited long enough that it was drinkable and I drank it and it was good, but kinda sweet. I thought maybe it was sweet because there were two packets? But it’s a 21 oz. mug, it should have been fine.
After a while I call Jerome in to see a .gif and he notices my empty mug and asked how my hot chocolate was. Before I could answer, he says he added sugar.
"THAT’S why it was so sweet! Why did you do that?"
So I had this really rude skein of yarn. I pulled from the middle and a huge knot came out. I told Jerome I was going to ball the yarn and then I’d go to bed.
Well. I’m wearing my boots. On a good pain day, I can barely get them off by myself. Today is not a good pain day. Today I can barely even shift positions in my chair.
I have two choices: Wait 4 hours for Jerome’s alarm to go off and he can help me. OR Try to take them off myself. I’m leaning towards the former…I mean, even if I get them off, I’m just going to sit in bed doing something else until I get sleepy, right? And who knows how long that will be. Might as well just wait and have a nap when he leaves for work. Better than being in enough pain to cry, right?
Man, this chronic pain stuff is annoying. Do not recommend.