I was finally on to the slippers for Monica and I was so excited and I almost had one whole one done when I noticed how small it seemed. I think I need to use the same yarn as the pattern person used. I’m sort of okay with that, as that yarn looks like it will make some AMAZINGLY SOFT slippers. The problem is that it will take longer because I’m pretty sure I have to order that yarn online. I mean…I could look for another pattern…maybe…
So I guess tomorrow I’ll finally start on arm warmers, then I will make something with the flat loom…I dunno what yet…something…flat.
We’re going to The Yarn Master’s tomorrow. My knitting bag is so stuffed with hats that I don’t know where to put my actual knitting supplies. I need a Mary Poppins bag.
Hoping for an afghan loom for the holidays so I can make giant blankets of doom! Jerome has already chosen what kind of yarn he wants for his. I could make blankets now out of squares sewn together…but I dunno, the afghan loom seems way cooler.
I guess I should go to sleep now, huh?
TWENTY TWO MOAR HATS!
That makes thirty three total.
The homeless of Tacoma are going to have warm heads, yo.
Olive decided to try to photobomb and that made me laugh, so she laughed too…but now she’s all blurry..oh well. ETA: Peach also wanted to check it out! I just noticed. (Don’t worry about the pet hair, all the hats are getting washed.)
Now on to other projects! First, I will finish Jerome’s scarf (which is hiding behind me in that green basket)…then slippers…then…
Olive expresses her disapproval of anything I’m doing where I can’t pet her right away by licking my feet.
Then I put down whatever was occupying my hands and go to pet her and she smiles and laughs and dances around. “Haha, Mommy! Made you stop what you were doing!”
1) I woke up dehydrated. Weird because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have been drinking enough water lately. We didn’t eat anything especially salty. Humidity is high enough. Aliens must have come while I was sleeping and sucked all the moisture out. Even my eyes were dry! I don’t understand!
2) My body and winter no longer get along. I knew barometric pressure could effect arthritis, but this is the first year it!s totally taken me out of commission. The first day I was in so much pain I didn’t even knit. No, there was no pain in my hands, my hips (and knees!) were just that bad.
3) I am likely going to finish making homeless hats today. I will probably make one more post with a final total, then stop talking constantly about hats. I am moving on to other projects.
4) I woke up two hours before the alarm because Jerome farted loud enough that I thought he was talking to me. (He woke up too, but was able to go back to sleep.)5) Took a nap and all headache/migraine and dehydration symptoms seem to be gone. Interesting.
I got internet mail!!
Thank you to my dear friend Wolfidy for the
- Colorful customized packaging
- Wild neony rainbowy hat
- Original artwork (times 3!!!)
- Sweet & adorable card
- Cute rainbow heart stickers
- Love & friendship & support
The hat is crazy useful right now since Memphis is getting an ice storm as I type this from my car in the parking lot while trying to defrost my windows. The artwork is up on my cube walls (well, the 2 pieces without profanity are). I’ve sent a snap of the adorable border collie card to no less than three family members because I swear it’s the spirit dog of my Aunt Hopie, the CPA. And, yes, I will be cutting the cardboard box so I can keep that doodling too.
I talk a lot on here about how I don’t like a lot of people. Sure, that’s true, but the fact is I love so many more people than I hate. Wolfidy is one if those friends that you just long to hug and chat with in person. She’s fucking awesome and somehow someway she’s gotten convinced I’m awesome too.
Merry Christmas motherfuckers!
When you wake up from your headache/migraine nap to this, you know the rest of the day is going to be good!
*drinks water, takes Excedrin, and puts pillow over head*